Wednesday 13 January 2016

Daddy's Home

New movie review guys, As mentioned I will be trying to see new movies at the cinema as they come out during 2016, this so happens to be the first one ... Well OK star wars was but that was still in 2015 way back last year. As always with new movies 'SPOILER ALERT'

I mean, it looked ok .... ish

Now this is going to be a fairly short review, After all its just another bland Will Farrell/Mark Whalberg comedy, not to say it didn't have any funny moments ... it did, just not enough I felt. When you go to see a comedy you expect to laugh .... a lot, so much that your lungs hurt like Monty python, good old fashioned British humour. So whats the horribly predictable story? 2 dads, ones a step dad the other is biological, the biological dad returns and a fight ensues. I could honestly end the review there. Yeah stuff happens but do you actually give a damn? you know how its going to turn out, you know they will end up being friends. They try teaching the kids life lessonS in there own way. I will say this tho, The kids are hilarious they Despise the step dad at first ... i want kids like that, evil little F*** nuggets of pure joy, The movie obviously stars Will Ferrell, Mark Whalberg and above all my favorite character ever The Sandman ... (Thomas Haden Church) Everything is going well until the Bio Dad (Mark Whalberg) turns up out of the blue to see his kids, the dads have kinda an alpha male thing going on with Whalberg being the ''Cool'' dad and Ferrell being that ''Dorky' dad, yanno the kind the one that gives you carrots for lunch or doesn't let you watch T.v or play video games.

OBEY HIS DOG, yeah i know its from Zoolander

Whatever, The bio dad, tries to assert himself back as the A.Male, he tries to win the kids affection by buying them a Dog ... actually I know its cruel, but I loved this scene, This scruffy blind ass dog whose supposed age is 15 we find out later that he is 5, oh and his name is Tumour ... again i did find this funny, from there on wards its honestly just a massive dick battle, I got the kids this, I did that. This formula has been done before ... granted I don't know specific occasions but it has been done, I'M SURE OF IT. Ferrell tells Whalberg (They have names but its just easier this way) that he is building his son a Tree house ... in the Trees, Whalberg reacts by finishing it and making him a sweet radical half pipe in his back yard, TUBULAR. Farrell after driving Whalberg's bike into a wall WITHOUT DAMAGING IT (Smell the delicious Bull shit) decides to help him out a bit more and hi-jinks follows, He fires a good honest hard working African american because he and Whalberg think they can fix it better, he is then called a racism (Look it up, its in the movie) and he tries to fix it himself, until the next day when Whalberg is friends with the handyman, who is named Griff ... i kinda liked this character, lets him move in with them without asking Ferrell, he gets miffed but never actually kicks him out, its his house who cares if he is homeless or African american, boot him oot. I will say this though, halfway through the movie they try and teach the son ... honestly can't for the life of me remember his name, is getting bullied by 4th graders (That means absolutely nothing to me, I'm English after all) Ferrell says violence is not the key, but maybe a Impromptu dance off would suffice, well what do you know, the little kid kicks the crap out of the 4th graders and they are girls, OH THE HORROR, so the father of the Girl, punches Whalberg and instead of Fighting back, they have a Dance off ... bro.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, It applies to almost everything 

I'm sorry but this film just bored me I'm trying to find any good parts, there other project together 'The Other Guys' was a lot better I felt, I laughed more at it, maybe I've just grown up beyond comedy they say that if you have a lot of people laughing together that helps but MAN, The cinema I went to was empty ... and it was a huge screen. Id rather talk about that than the movie because let me tell you, it was more engaging than movie. To be honest I'm going to leave it there, I didn't enjoy it, I did laugh at parts but that's not enough to keep my interest, The end shows the bio dad moving into a castle down the road (Its america anything can happen) marrying a single mum with one kid, then her bio dad turns up and treats Whalberg like he treated Ferrell ... you know what because im nice I will leave a list of much better Will Ferrell movies for you to view, if you haven't already ... WAIT who am I kidding ofcourse you have

Megamind, Land of the Lost, Anchorman ... both of them, Zoolander, Blades of glory, The Campaign (One of his best) Step Brothers, Lego Movie and of course ELF. Don't get me wrong, I frigging love the guy, he Is hilarious but sometimes ... he just isn't funny enough, sorry Will


Thanks Guys, sorry for the short review, to be honest I almost fell asleep in the cinema, that's when you know its bad ... 4/10 For effort, some funny scenes but not enough for a review

No comments:

Post a Comment